Yuck. That's how I feel after sobbing most of this afternoon. After what seemed like a terribly long time of waiting for all this IVF stuff to evolve it came to abrupt end today. While not being the end of the world, my doc canceled our IVF cycle because of some irregular hormone levels. I was literally having my retrieval tomorrow morning at 7am. Talk about let down. Apparently it rarely happens in young people, but they can adjust my medicine so that next time they control it better. I don't want to be too disappointed because it is a learning experience and we would be crazy lucky if everything worked perfectly the first time. I guess I would have felt better if it was like a week ago and not the day before the procedure. My doc was super nice and encouraging and I think he was just as upset as I was! He had a feeling something was up, but it wasn't until after I had some more blood work done that it was for sure.
I am giving myself today to feel pouty and then I just need to focus on what in the house we will need to sell in order to afford all the medication again:) We spent all of our loan money already and have a little bit of meds left over, but will need around $2500 to make it all happen again. At least we have three weeks or so to figure it out. I know we are lucky to even have this option, but it is still difficult. I guess it makes it that much more rewarding in the end.
1 comment:
1. I haven't checked your blog in a week or two and wow did I have catching up to do.
2. I am proud of you for only giving yourself one day to be sad. I would have needed much more time
3. I am praying for you, every day.
4. I will sell Gus if you think it will help, but I don't think we could get much for him and even if we did, he would probably get returned!
Post a Comment