Friday, March 13, 2009

I Like This Ad Campaign

I was driving to work the other day and saw this:



Not exactly this billboard, but one similar, I think it was actually yellow. So it really made me smile. I just like the simplicity of their ad campaign. As I searched the Internet about this campaign, which some might remember started in the New Year, I came across a lot of brand sites that were totally hating on it.
Now I will say the logo is weak. I mean, all brands feel the need to "re-invent the wheel" with their marketing. At this point it doesn't really matter what they do to their logo, we know what it is. Of course it couldn't get anymore minimal, so what will they do in ten years?

So there are various billboards like this one with different saying and I think its very straight forward. I've always been a big fan of the postmodern. I like a sign above a door that says "Door". There is just something about the literal that always pleases me. I think it's the fact that it doesn't have to be over-thought to get a message across. In essence, "it is what it is." I don't need to see some supermodel sitting in a bathtub of Pepsi to make me drink their soda. Sometimes a simple word is enough to get people to notice.

No comments: