Sunday, January 18, 2009

Times Are Tough

I went on a little Walmart outing today. Thank goodness it was quiet and relatively bearable. Usually I will go at random times to avoid all the craziness, but today I lucked out. I did, however, notice as I rapidly ran each aisle that there were a lot more coupon conscious people around (including me). People with lists shuffled through their cut out coupons ravenously looking to save 35 cents or so. It really made me think about how bad the economy is. I remember when I was little I got to be my mom's "coupon holder." She would have me find them all while we shopped. I was so proud. Now, it seems like a necessity to people who do have jobs, much less all the people who are losing their jobs.

Matt and I head off to do some doctor business this week and I have a lot of serious thinking to do. Well, actually, first I have to call my insurance that I had to get because Matt's kicked me off and find out if they waived my pre-existing condition clause. Then I can think harder about what I want to do at the doctor this week. Without going into too much detail (because it's none of your business), there are some serious financial decisions about baby making to be had. It is not so easy for everyone in this world and we fall into that category. Although I can say I've become much more relaxed and accepting of what is to be. Sometimes I get really nervous and worried, but most of the time I just want to keep moving forward. If I let myself get caught up in everything it doesn't do me any good. So I will try and keep positive and hopefully if you read this, you'll think positive things for us too!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I said I nice long prayer for you on Friday.

Slim and I have been trying for 16 months, with no success. It is draining, emotionally, physically, and financially... it shouldn't be this hard. Sometimes I wish I could be one of the 15 year olds who get pregnant on their first time... annoying.

God is in control. Let me know if you need anyone to talk to or anything.

Thinking about you guys!