I've learned something very important this weekend. In this world where we can barely see a movie without killing someone, I still go and torture myself. Here are the reasons why I love to go to the movies, but everyone else ruins it for me:
~Teenagers acting a fool (i.e. dancing in the aisles)
~Two older people trying to explain the movie to one another in non-quiet voices
~Someone's cell phone going off
~Someone ANSWERING their cell phone and having a conversation
~A noisy eater
~Someone who clearly needs a chainsaw to open a bag of Twizzlers since they sound like they are having a wrestling match with it
~An hour of previews (last movie 15 minutes...come on!)
Reasons I love going to the movies:
~It never gets old the excitement of the lights going down....etc, etc
~It's really a treat-$9 ticket at 4 in the afternoon! I can get a combo meal for less than that.
HERE'S THE LESSON YOU WAITED FOR:
-Sit on the aisle. For the sole purpose of escaping should you be submitted to either Meryl Streep or Pierce Brosnan "attempting" to sing.
If you're an ABBA fan, I'm sorry, but the truth hurts. I LIKE musicals. I was in a musical once. I sang, I danced. There's much to be appreciated in a musical.
Save yourself. DO NOT under any circumstances see Mama Mia.
Enchanted was a better movie. Annie was a better movie. Sweeney Todd was a better movie.
You get it. Heed the words. Don't be fooled.
No comments:
Post a Comment