
I erred on the side of patience and went along with everything. Me being an optimist I was thinking maybe they had simply listened and agreed. That was not the case. A couple of weeks ago came "changes" in our marketing dept. Now, I don't want to take ALL the credit for screwing things up, but I like to think it had something to do with it. Suddenly they had moved another person within the company and hired another person to basically do what I wouldn't. I was told I would be these three people's "support".
So we know what that means. Desk Rat.

Coincidentally, I had my yearly review Friday. Here are some things that were mentioned:
~Work on a more positive attitude
~Learn to control my emotions in the workplace
WHAT? A year and these people don't even have a clue about me. Of course I go absolute wacko on them (which they can't figure out why because I had a good review and got a raise). I was basically not reacting the review, but the outcome of my last month declaration of what I would and wouldn't do in the workplace.

So the owner drags me into the office because my manager just couldn't figure out how to deal with me crying and acting weird. He explains that of course since I didn't agree to do what they wanted, there would have to be changes. Blah blah. Something about me not meeting them halfway. Yeah, I definitely had to drink a cup of NyQuil to get myself to sleep I was so hyped up.
So here's the moral: While I wasn't expecting to get the shaft, I still believe I made the right choice. I've learned from various different jobs that I DO have a choice in where my career is going and that isn't a bad thing. If I am uncomfortable or out of my comfort zone, I probably shouldn't give my employer a false expectation of what I can do.
Word.
ps I will not quit this job-I worked too hard to get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment