I never realized how much of a germ-a-phobe I would become later in life. Of course, with these bizarre West Nile/Bird Flu un-curable strains, I hardly feel bad.
I know I have mentioned this before in my many adventures to the gym. They shouldn't call it the "gym" they should call it "salmonella". Or "E Coli". Or whatever other crazy virus or bacteria you can get from touching things in the gym. Besides some of the absolutely intolerable people who decide its best to let their freak flag fly when they are exercising.
*SIDE NOTE: If I see one more person doing arm push ups on an elliptical, I might take my power smoothie and exercise my right to let people know what I think (no, I really don't
drink smoothies-I need to pay my mortgage, silly)
I always encounter the weirdest people at the gym. For instance, a guy next to me a couple of days ago thought it was appropriate to shoot a snot rocket into his hand while power running on the elliptical. Not only did I throw up in my mouth, but this would also be the guy doing the push ups. Double Negative for him.
So then I started to notice something at work. We have a huge office and there are a couple other tenants in the building, but our 40+ employees occupy most of it. Unfortunately we have a VERY small bathroom with only two stalls. I went to the bathroom about four or five times today (shut up) and EVERY time someone had peed on the seat. First of all, the only times I've peed on a seat is when I'm "hovering" because its a latrine or a gas station bathroom that no one has cleaned for 15 years. But this is our company bathroom that IS clean and we are all professional adults that I thought were able to successfully use the bathroom in a cleanly manner.
As a result I am now a toilet cover user. I never thought I'd be, and I'm sad to see it happen to such a young person, but you can never be too careful when there's stray urine.
No comments:
Post a Comment