We will be participating in a 5K this week in honor of Matt's dad. He was diagnosed with multiple myeloma almost one year ago. This is an incurable form of blood cancer that attacks bone marrow. It is very hard to imagine our world without Matt's dad in it. He is a huge influence and mentor for the entire Neese family. We pray every day that God will keep him here with us for as long as possible. We are thankful every day and encourage our friends and family to reach out for any cause that is put on their heart.

So I was flipping channels tonight and came across Rattle & Hum on an HD channel. They periodically play it and I always love watching it. My parents took us to see that movie in the movie theater when I was 10 (1988). That movie theater was later turned into the place where Matt and I got married. So I was watching and marvelling in the pirate looking outfit Bono wears in most of the movie and the fringed vest The Edge rocks out with his jeans rolled up. I realized three things:
1.I'm old
2.Bono looks good even as a pirate
3.That movie is still just as good as it was when I was 10
No comments:
Post a Comment