Friday, September 26, 2008

30, Flirty & Fabulous!

So I finally hit the big 3-0! It's been a whirlwind couple of weeks, but here are some updates:

Gurney Tourney-September 13th



I'm the funny looking one on the far left. It was definitely an experience and loads of fun. I will say it was about 300 degrees that day and we did have to run about a block worth of relay races. I haven't sweat that much since I ran the 10K. I am proud to say that we won "Most Popular" and took home an awesome plaque.

My bday was lots of fun, but I don't really have any pics! My camera battery died a few weeks prior and I had a hard time finding a charger. I am relying on FeFe for the great shots and I will post some once I get them from her! Matt and I went to Comfort and then to see Kathy Griffin on Tuesday. It was a lot of fun:) Did I mention I got my boots???!!! Sweet!

And I'll end on an interesting note. So while most of you know about my work woes, I couldn't help but be a little defensive in their regard this week. So it turns out NBC 12 really isn't TRULY "on your side". Apparently someone filed a complaint against our company this week and Diane Walker came a knockin'. While I won't get into the details, I couldn't help for once in my life being extremely disappointed and upset with the media industry. I have always been a news person and I've worked in the business. Currently I have not seen the piece, but I really want to see how they portrayed our company. No matter what difficulties I've had there, I know we in no way deserve any kind of negative publicity. What our company does is vital to the community and well respected. I don't think they had a credible or newsworthy story. If there was really a basis for a complaint or we had wronged someone, yes.

I'm sure others could argue, but I've lost respect in a huge way. I understand that people have to do their job, but how about coming to our company when we feed the homeless every month? Or when we participate in Make a Difference Day? Or when we donate books to elementary schools? THAT is worth talking about. Not a baseless, unjustified complaint.

So there.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I am proud of you for standing up for your company... you should get a coin for it!

Hope to see you soon!!!